Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 11 - getting to Big Bend

.

My original route was going through and along the Mexican border. Since the lack of gas station I decided to make my way a little over a highway, fill up the tank and then make my way to the original, unpaved route. I tried, but again ended up at some gated roads by University of Texas, Private Properties and other Military places... I tried to go around some abandoned road and ended up in a "Warloop" shit again , hit and bent my belly guard again, damn it. Dropped my Strom a couple of times too.

There are two parks at that Big Bend thing. There is a State Par, there is also a National Park. From riding stand point, the State Park is like riding on the bottom of a Great Canyon - very beautiful and twisty. The National Park though on the other side, is more higher elevated, and there is nothing interesting, but some nature stuff like, stop at a wildlife view point and look for that wildlife. Whatever it is, weed, or animals, I did not see, well, I did not stop, I went straight to the Campground.

The fee to stay at a National Park Campground is probably the same in Texas as everywhere else in the US. $14 dollar per night, for up to 4 tents and no more than 8 people. The campsite at Big Bend is as same as probably everywhere else - pretty much primitive. You get your spot, with grill thing and a table. No electricity, there is some non-potable water available as well. Some restrooms available as well, I guess someone calculated that building and maintaining a restroom is cheaper than cleaning up the shit. Because people like animals, if you gotta go, - you gotta go, nothing will stop ya...

Here is my report with some pictures.








See that little appendix, there is where I tried to get back onto my original route - failed. I even stopped and asked the Border Patrol guy (bunch of them overthere - don't know what they are doing, it's not helping), he said, - you can try, but remember how to get back to the same town.




That's where that appendix ends.










Guess what is it in the middle of f..ing nowhere?
















Closest town with people (there are many without), about like 30 miles or so...





























































Some Rio Grande, Mexico is on the other side...



































































OK, I'll go sip another beer, smoke one and continue with Day 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment